Tuesday, July 3, 2007

the Word becomes crying.

the Word becomes crying.
We have to look at the point to which it is leading us:
to a naked infant in a crib.
a being who is helpless,

"flesh" we are to understand weakness,
finiteness, mortal createdness.

Here is the scandal of the Christian faith.
A scandal that is not restricted to Christ's birth,
nor even to his earthly existence,
but continues in his way of being present today.

And so God is linked to a process of becoming.

Who is this God who get involved in the history of human beings,
with its density and even its darkness?

"What child is this?"

a virgin birth?

if Mary goes home to Mom and Dad and says, `Well, I've got good news
and bad news. Here's the good news. The good news I'm going to be the
mother of the Messiah. The bad news is, I'm already pregnant. But, not
to worry. I'm pregnant by means of the Holy Spirit.' And, you know, if
I'm a normal parent I'm going, `Uh-huh'. And where was Joseph when all
this was happening?' ...there's a scandalous element to the story?



ok ...let's find the mystery.



do i look athiest?

:)

No comments: