Saturday, December 22, 2007

born in poverty

Sorry
> but i want to share some perspective
> on this view of education
> with regards to teacher and kids
> or kinder or daycare
> first of all let's clarify
> what does it really meant by kuya alex of daycare???
>
> secondly with the situations
> of culion now your community involvement
> is another planet for them...
> as we can see the poverties around
> it's noble that you'll see people doing
> what we're talking about volunteering
> or service...
> to be sure we need your help on this
> we need people like you who can
> serve these kids..... without pay.
> it will be a miracle for sure!!!
> it could be justice and grace
> or maybe judgement........... the vision of hope...
> we need your help sister or mother or father.....
>
> sorry

thanks for clarifications
our solicitations is community development and bayanihan revival or
revisiting not individualism and everybody is contributing in ways
they can, small or big, hidden or anonymous but in lights...

thanks for the community group going on now esp the family days
thanks you po



........

Hi Jong,

Sorry if I was not clear about my suggestion. I was not criticizing Alex
regarding daycare center. Not at all. If I said something offensive, I
apologize.

First of all, I spoke only for what I know about daycare center here in
America and what it means. Forgive me if I assumed you have the same
meaning and purpose of what a daycare center is in Culion.

Second, I am an experienced retired school teacher and I don't think I
need you to tell me what education is all about "with regards to teacher
and kids."

My point was, I thought some people in Culion with proper guidance and
inspiring encouragement could learn to help themselves and others since
there's not enough money to go around. That they don't need to depend on
people outside their community to give their own children a good start in
education. Forgive me for giving them more credit on their capability to
help other people. I did not think that doing community involvement is
"another planet for them" in your opinion.

Jong, you mentioned about poverty in Culion, how do you define poverty?
The way I saw it last time I was there, most people if not all, own their
houses. They're homeowners. Is this poverty? Some of them learned to be
a business entrepreneur as well. They can survive by fishing, planting
fruit trees or have a vegetable garden in their backyard, or raise
chickens and pigs.

Please do share your perspective and clarify what Alex really mean on
daycare issue.

Ate Meldy
Hawaii

P.S. Thanks Bhong for the compliments. I agree with your e-mail. It's
good to hear from you. "Mele Kalikimaka"





...............


DAYCARE CENTERS

again thanks for clarifications
it was great light
especially as a teacher
i'm very happy about that...
and to be sure it's just views in perspectives
great encouragement... nothing more...

for the poverty
i just want to have a great suggestion
try to live in the philippines
and you'll know in details what i mean of poverties....
as simple as that... what you see is just a slice of it
there are hidden sorrows...
i'm not blaming poverty as a whole either
i'm with you 200%...
so we'll end here
thanks a lot

aloha
merry new year! happy christmass!






...............


DAYCARE CENTERS


Peace be with you. Sorry, Jong, I can't "end here" just yet.

With comment like this: "Try to live in the Philippines and you'll know
in details what I mean of poverties", you have invited me to respond.

That was a great suggestion Jong, I assumed your comment is directed to
those you never lived in the Phil. and not to me who was born and raised
in Culion, who also lived and studied in Manila.

Speaking of poverty, did I tell you that I am also a Social Worker (not by
profession, just a volunteer, no pay)? I know first hand "in details"
what poverty means. Poverty is not restricted in the Philippines. Most
people in Culion or Filipinos in general has a different concept about
people in America. Americans are not all rich. America has its share of
poverty as well. In Hawaii to be exact, has many homeless people. Which
is why I think people in Culion is fortunate to own their homes. I've
seen poor people in Hawaii sleeping in public parks, beaches, under the
bridge, or under the freeway and anywhere they can put their little
belongings they have, just like the "squaters" in Manila. Hawaii is not
at all "paradise" to some people. We do have government services being
offered to help them. But there's not enough shelters for all of them.
And some of them I heard are too proud to ask for help or embarrassed to
be seen what became of them. There are some who have degrees, former
professionals. I have seen their "hidden sorrow" when I volunteer at the
homeless shelter or in our church to feed these people especially on
holidays. I can tell you so many sad and unfortunate stories about but I
don't want to make you cry on this holiday season. Please pray for them
if you can not volunteer to help them wherever you are.

If I live in Culion I would help you Alex. I would devote my time for
free to your daycare center. What I suggested is my dream to do for the
children of Culion. Maybe when I retire here. But right now I can only
suggest and give financial help whenever I can because my charity work in
Culion begins at home, with my relatives who need help with their kids
tuitions and school supplies, etc. I know some of you can relate to this.

Lastly, I want to thank all the members of the COG, especially those
active members who go to Culion to help in person. Thank you for all your
help, your dedication and love for Culion and its people. God bless you
all.

Wishing you all a Blessed and Merry Christmas....Maligayang Pasko at
Manigong Bagong Taon sa inyong lahat, mga mahal kong kababayan. As we say
in Hawaii "Mele Kalikimaka, hauoli Makahiki Hou!"

Aloha, a hui hou (good-bye, until then). Take care. Be safe, well and
happy.

Ate Meldy
Hawaii





................

born in poverty


yes
we can the face of it all over the world
but the greatest poverty i've ever seen is the
the poverty of the heart soul body and mind
if we lost all of this
even the commands of the kings or queens
will never be heard or recognized or ponder
we will only have those blind deaf insensitive indifference
that is happening around
the corruption of..................!
ok let's just try to tell them to work without pay or incentives
and we'll live happily ever after...
that's why we cannot live a life without faith
to explain all of these...
why there so much of these corruptions!?.

can you imagine
a boy born in poverty
who is the creator of everything
he lives in poverty
yet he owns it...
to redeem that corruptions we have until now

another suggestion
can we live in a manger
culion can be one of them
we'll go fishing
planting rice and veggies
do carpentry
and carrying our crosses
by teaching our children our kids...
yes education
the biggest share of budget in our gov't
yet look at our system of edu in the phil..
another story of poverty

thanks for all
esp. to ate meldy
we really need people like you
born of poverty

No comments: